Homeowners Insurance Quotes California

Home Insurance Quote Request
Homeowners Insurance Quotes California

We have many fine carriers to handle your homeowner insurance policy. All of our homes are surveyed by an independent company that ensures there is adequate coverage in place and to keep insurance premiums at the lowest possible level.

Dwelling Fire Insurance California

Having trouble finding coverage for rental properties, temporarily vacant dwellings, and seasonal homes?

Insurance Sales & Service has the answer! Our dwelling fire policies are specifically designed for clients whoneed protection for a rental property, own a home that is temporarily vacant or need insurance for a seasonal property.

Manufactured Homes Insurance California

With more than 35 years experience insuring manufactured homes, Insurance Sales & Service provides quality coverage that is reliable. We offer programs for all types of manufactured homes.

Vacant Dwellings Insurance California

Many standard carriers consider a vacant home to be HIGH RISK. We have programs that will cover vacant dwellings.

Umbrella insurance CA

We write a variety of Umbrella policies, either attached to your homeowner's policy or stand-alone.

Why Homeowners Insurance in CA?

There are several good reasons to buy homeowners insurance. For most people, your home may be the most valuable asset you own. For that reason, homeowners insurance may be the next most important investment you make. Policies vary, therefore, it helps to know for what coverage you are paying.

Reasons to get a homeowners policy:

  • If your home is mortgaged, you are generally required to have a homeowners insurance policy as the lender would want your home safeguarded in the event of a loss protecting both your interest and theirs.
  • Basic homeowners insurance policies insure a home and its contents from the risk of being damaged or destroyed by fire, theft, or wind from severe thunderstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes.
  • In addition to protecting the structure and contents of your home, homeowners insurance also protects you against lawsuits if someone is injured while on your property or in your home. You can purchase additional liability coverage if you have more assets to protect.
  • If your home is damaged to the extent that it is uninhabitable, the loss of use coverage on your homeowners policy covers the costs for hotel bills, or rental, and living expenses.

Types of homeowners insurance policies:

Generally homeowners insurance policy is divided into two broad categories, namely Part 1 Home Insurance Property Protection and Part 2 Home Insurance Liability Protection. These two broad categories are further divided into sub categories.

1) Part 1 Home Insurance Property Protection

  • Dwelling: is the portion of your home insurance policy that covers the cost of rebuilding /repairing your home in the event that it is damaged or lost in a covered peril such as wind, hail, lightening or fire. Separate policies are needed for damages and losses caused by earthquake and flood insurance as these are not covered under standard home insurance policies.
  • Other Structures: is the portion of your home insurance policy that covers the cost of rebuilding/repairing the additional structures on your property other than your home. This includes detached garages, sheds, and other detached buildings on your property that may be damaged by a covered peril.
  • Personal property: is the portion of your home insurance policy that covers the cost of replacing your possessions or home's contents, in the event that they are destroyed in a covered peril (wind, fire, hail, lightening, theft, etc).
  • Loss of Use: is the portion of a standard home insurance policy that protects you in the event that your home is destroyed or damaged and you must seek other living arrangements while repairs are made. Loss of use coverage reimburses you for hotel, restaurant and other living expenses you may incur as a result of your home being uninhabitable. The purpose of this coverage is to help you maintain your standard of living in the event of a disaster.

2) Home Insurance Liability Protection:

This type of homeowners insurance is divided into two sub categories which covers personal liabilities and medical payments.

  • Personal liability: This covers any third party claims or lawsuits for damage incurred on your property.
  • Medical payments: is the section of a standard home insurance policy that will cover medical costs in the event that someone is injured on your property and does not want to sue you. When someone is injured on your property and does not want to sue you for the damages, you can use Medical Payments to help cover medical costs.

Coverage for Special Circumstances

If your home is located in a flood or earthquake zone, a standard homeowners policy will not cover damage to or loss of your home in the event that this type of natural disaster occurs. We offer flood insurance and supplemental earthquake coverage. These policies provide extra coverage and are separate from your standard homeowners insurance policy. If you live in an older home, most basic homeowners policies will not cover damage caused by sewer or drain backup. You can, however, usually purchase supplemental coverage to insure against these types of mishaps.